Audit(Pay DA HRA CEA etc.)

1. If a Government employee, who is promoted, opts to get his pay fixed on the date of next increment, how will his pay be fixed?

Ans: On DNI, his pay will be re-fixed and two increments will be granted in the Level from which promoted and fixed at a cell equal to or next higher, if no equal cell is available in the Level of the post to which promoted.

2. In case of transfer to a lower post on own request, while fixing the pay, if no such stage is available in the lower Level, how will the pay be fixed?

Ans: The pay will be fixed at a stage next below in the Lower level and the difference in pay will be granted as personal pay to be absorbed in future increment(s).

3. How will the pay of a Government servant be fixed if he has been stagnating at the maximum of the Grade Pay for more than two years as on 01-01-2016?

Ans: One increment for every two years will be granted subject to the condition that the pay arrived at after grant of such increment does not exceed the maximum level in the Pay Matrix.

4. What is the multiplication factor for fixation of pay in Level 13?

Ans: The fitment factor for the purpose of fixation of pay in Level 13 is 2.57.

5. If the headquarters of a Government servant is a ‘X’ class city but he resides in a nearby village outside the municipal limit, what will be the rate of HRA that he will be eligible for?

Ans: HRA is admissible with reference to the headquarters of the Government servant and therefore he will be eligible to draw HRA at 24%.

6. What is the entitlement of HRA of a Government servant who shares an accommodation allotted to his /her spouse?

Ans: He /She will not be eligible for HRA.

7. A Government servant resides in his own house. Is he eligible for HRA?

Ans: Yes.

8. How is Dearness Allowance regulated during suspension of an employee?

Ans: DA will be regulated on the Subsistence Allowance.

9. Can a woman employee be granted HRA during Child Care Leave, when taken in continuation of maternity Leave?

Ans: HRA during CCL in excess of first 180 days of leave, if otherwise admissible, can be drawn subject to furnishing of certificate proscribed in Para 8 (d) of OM, dated 27.11.1965.

10. Can CEA or hostel subsidy be claimed for third child if not claimed for first or second child? Elaborate the cases when CEA can be claimed for a third child.

Ans: No. CEA or hostel subsidy cannot be claimed for a third child even if the same was not claimed for the first or second child because CEA is admissible for the two eldest surviving children only.
Claim will be admissible for a third child if the second child birth resulted in multiple birth or in cases of failure of sterilization operation.

11. Can CEA be claimed for the same class twice?

Ans: CEA can be claimed for the same class twice only when the child fails in a particular class. If the child is admitted to the same class due to other reasons, CEA cannot be claimed twice for the same class.

12. A Government servant’s willful absence for 10 days was treated as dies non. How will the period of dies non impact his claim for CEA?

Ans: For any period which is treated as ”dies non’’ the Government servant is not eligible for allowance /reimbursement/subsidy.

13. Can a Government servant claim CEA for children studying through ‘correspondence or distance learning?

Ans: Yes.

14. When will reimbursement be made and what are the maximum limits for CEA and Hostel Subsidy per year?

Ans: Reimbursement will be made once a year, after the completion of the financial year. The limits for CEA is Rs. 27,000 and hostel Subsidy is Rs. 81,000 and will be automatically raised by 25% every time DA goes up to 50%.

15. State whether the DA entitlement of hotel accommodation /guest house is inclusive of taxes/GST.

Ans: No. The entitlement prescribed is exclusive of all taxes /GST. Taxes incurred will be reimbursed over and above the prescribed entitlement.

16. How will the journeys on tour by air non-entitled officers be regulated between places where Rajdhani /Shatabdi trains operate?

Ans: Reimbursement of Rajdhani /Shatabdi rates will be allowed. If the fare paid on travel is less than the fare charged for Rajdhani/ shatabdi type trains, reimbursement would be limited to the actual expenditure.

17. What is the condition for grant of one–third of Composite Transfer Grant in cases of transfer within the same city?

Ans: There should actually be a change of residence.

18. How the classification of cities/ towns affect the rates for transportation of personal effects?

Ans: The classification of cities/towns for the purpose of transportation of personal effects has been done away with and therefore does not affect the rates in any way.

19. While claiming allowance for journeys on road performed in own car/ scooter, etc., is it necessary that the vehicle should be registered in the name of the Government servant?

Ans: No.

20. Whether production of receipts/vouchers is mandatory while claiming cost of transportation of personal effects in respect of transfer cases of North-Eastern Region, Andaman and Nicobar Island and Lakshadeep?

Ans: Yes.